By Rafiq Vayani
KARACHI: The safety and well-being of all those who use Careem is a priority for us, especially during these difficult times. In accordance with revised directives received from the Government of Sindh (GoS) following the outbreak of COVID-19, Careem would urge all our captains and customers to be community-minded and abide by the government’s directives.
To comply with the revised directives from the GoS while still ensuring that customers have access to groceries and items of essential need, Careem has resumed its “Delivery Services” in Sindh, with extremely strict safety protocols set by the authorities, operational from 8 am till 7 pm.
• Delivery of essential items only including pharmaceuticals & medical equipment, uncooked grocery items, pre-packaged food items, pet food, relief goods on behalf of charity organizations, letters and bank documents and prepaid mobile cards
• Captains should wear masks, gloves at all times and frequently use hand sanitizers
• A minimum distance of 3 feet should be maintained between the captain and customer at all times
• Captains should place parcels at the customer’s doorstep, wipe with a disinfectant swab and step back
• Customers are encouraged to use online payment methods to minimize contact. In case cash is being used, customers should try and give exact change
Our teams, from across the country, are constantly monitoring the situation for resumption of other services in line with government directives and safety protocols and are working to keep everyone updated.