DUBAI: Superbrands, the independent authority and arbiter of branding, recognised and honoured forty-eight leading brands from the UAE who were awarded Superbrands status at the 15th annual Superbrands tribute event, which was held at the Intercontinental Hotel in Dubai Festival City. The 2019 Superbrands book was unveiled at the event, also dubbed the ‘Oscars of Branding’.
“Today, brands are competing within crowded markets to win consumer affinity and awareness, and to do that in an era of heightened digital communication, it’s necessary to connect. Consumers have endless choices and only open their wallets for the brands they really love, ones they feel they can relate to, and ones they feel care about them. The one common trait that all the Superbrands have is that they have started thinking less as companies and more as friends of their customers and the brand-consumer relationship is growing closer,’ said Mr. Mike English, Director, Superbrands Middle East.
With over 2,000 leading brands in the UAE vying for the coveted Superbrands title, only forty-eight scored more than 80% of the total possible mark and were declared Superbrands by the Brand Council. Winning this accolade is a powerful endorsement and evidence for existing customers, potential customers, the media, suppliers, investors and employees of each brand’s exceptional status. This year, Superbrands were voted not only by the brand council but also by online voting, which has expanded the voting base to almost 2,000 senior managers and marketing professionals.
“A strong brand has to engage with its customers, make customers feel a sense of ownership and instill trust but above all it must always deliver on its promises, which is why getting onto the Superbrands list is both a prestigious accolade and an arduous task as all these criteria need to be met,” added Mr. English.
The 2019 Superbrands book is a coffee table book, which includes a two-page profile of each Superbrand tracing the foundation and development of the brand and a ‘Things You Didn’t Know section’ highlighting interesting facts about the brand and its unique achievements was also unveiled at the Tribute Event.
THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES SUPERBRANDS COUNCIL:
- HE Saud Salim Al Mazrouei, Director of the Hamriyah Free Zone Authority and the Sharjah Airport International Free Zone Authority
- John Brash, Founder & CEO, Brash Brands
- Laila Suhail, Chief Executive Officer, Dubai Shopping Festival
- John Deykin, Branding Expert
- Mishal Kanoo, Chairman of The Kanoo Group – UAE & Oman
- Colm Mcloughlin, Executive Vice Chairman & CEO, Dubai Duty Free
- Hala Badri, Senior Advisor to CEO and Group Communications, ADNOC
- Mike English, Director, Superbrands Middle East & North Africa
- Dr. Ram Buxani, Chairman, ITL Cosmos Group