DUBAI: Bringing ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’ to life, Expo 2020 Dubai participating countries discussed the unique content and programming that is set to attract 25 million visits from around the world.
With less than 560 days to go until doors open, the stories, cultures and innovations that will form a spectacular visitor experience were discussed by more than 340 delegates at Expo 2020’s International Participants Technical Meeting in Dubai on 8-9 April. A total of 190 countries have confirmed their participation in the Expo.
Expo 2020 Dubai is guided by the belief that innovation and progress are the result of people and ideas combining in new ways. For six months from 20 October, 2020, Expo aims to bring together 180 countries and millions of people to celebrate human ingenuity: ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’.
- During the six months from 20 October, 2020 to 10 April, 2021, we expect millions of people to visit Expo
- About 70 per cent of all visitors are anticipated to come from outside the UAE – the largest proportion of international visitors in Expo history
- We aim to create and deliver an inclusive and global Expo with more than 200 participants, including nations, multilateral organisations, businesses and educational institutions
- Expo 2020 also has an ambitious volunteer programme, which aims to include more than 30,000 volunteers from a wide range of ages, nationalities, cultures and backgrounds
- The Expo site covers a total of 4.38 sqkm, including a 2 sqkm gated area. It is located adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai South
- Expo 2020 Dubai is the first World Expo to take place in the MEASA (Middle East, Africa and South Asia) region