DUBAI: From visiting remote wadis and canyons to getting first hand insights into conservation efforts and Dubai’s evolving food culture, the new 2017/18 tours, safaris and attractions from Arabian Adventures has expanded with an enhanced offering for both visitors and residents of the UAE. The region’s leading Destination Management Company (DMC), Arabian Adventures has curated a selection of excursions in response to the changing needs of customers and the launch of new attractions in the UAE.
Some of the highlights of the new brochure include the new Mountain Safari, Nature Safari, Overnight Safari and Walking Food Tour.
“With nearly three decades of experience showcasing the UAE, we have a deep understanding of the local culture and landscape, and our experienced guides are wonderful at bringing its story to life. We wanted to offer experiences that were new to both tourists and residents, while still offering our trademark ‘must-do’ tours and safaris,” said Simon Mead, Head of Operations at Arabian Adventures. “We hope that visitors will be enchanted and enticed to return for repeat experiences, and that residents will come away with a renewed sense of discovery about their home.”
Go off the beaten track to the Mleiha Archaeological Centre in Sharjah for an understanding of ancient Bedouin culture, explore the Valley of Caves, and then head on to the beautiful east coast. This tour takes you on a discovery of UAE’s hidden gems and natural beauty.
The Mountain Safari experience includes:
- Drive into the majestic Hajar Mountains and the Masafi Canyons
- Picnic lunch in the wadis
- Exploring the coastal area of Al Aqah on the east coast of the UAE, including the smallest mosque in the UAE
- Starting from AED 450 per person
- Duration: Full-day
Walking Food Tour
Experience Dubai’s vibrant street life and sample a variety of local ‘street food’ flavours at road-side cafes and food markets. Take a stroll along the historic 2nd December Street, and learn more about the culture and heritage of the region.
The Walking Food Tour includes:
- Stroll through an older neighbourhood and stop for a traditional Arabic fruit cocktail
- Sample local treats such as dates, samosas and Arabic sweets and visit a fresh fish trading shop
- Visit a traditional abaya store and an oud perfume shop
- Starting from AED 265 per person
- Duration: Half day, late afternoon to early evening
Since its launch two years ago, the Overnight Safari has been a popular choice for visitor and residents looking for an authentic, outdoor desert experience. This camp now opens with revamped interiors and other enhancements to the camp site. The all-inclusive, ‘glamping’ experience amongst the pristine dunes in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, is a memorable getaway.
The Overnight Safari includes:
- Enjoy an exciting dune drive with a stop for a falcon viewing (weather permitting)
- Close to the camp, leave the cars behind to enjoy a leisurely camel ride into the campsite
- The overnight camp offers ‘glamorous-camping’ at its best. Permanent tents surround a gazebo and bonfire
- Stay in comfortable, permanently furnished tents, each with a double bed and carpets
- A delicious barbecue dinner is served in the gazebo or ‘majlis’ and includes grilled meats, fresh salads, delectable sweets and hand-picked beer, wine and alcoholic beverages
- Morning desert drive with a chance to see wildlife like the Arabian Oryx in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve
- Starting from AED 995 per person sharing / per couple sharing a tent
This experience presents a unique opportunity to learn about, and explore the natural habitat and fragile ecosystem of the desert. A drive in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve provides the chance to see Arabian wildlife and learn about sustainability and conservation efforts – with the possibility to assist the conservationists. It is well suited to families looking for entertaining and educational experiences for youngsters
The Nature Safari includes:
- Drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve where you may spot Arabian wildlife like the Arabian Oryx
- Assist in tracking animal and bird sightings; and capture data for the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve
- Drive past the lakes for great photo opportunities
- Get a behind-the-scenes looks at a conservation reserve
- Starting from AED 220 per person
- Duration: Half-day; morning
Arabian Adventures proudly contributes a percentage of fees charged for most of these experiences towards supporting desert life conservation. The new brochure also includes a number of other adventures with different themes and perspectives, such as the must-do Sundowner Dune Dinner Safari, dinner cruises, and various city tours across the UAE in a range of languages. News Desk